Friday, February 19, 2016

Mixed Media Art Prompt Box 2

Hi everyone, in a previous post I shared with you my first Art Prompt Box. Well today I want to share with you my 2nd Art Prompt Box. This box is quite different from the first one, which is what I wanted. I was in the mood for something that was airy and light with a touch of vintage shabby chic.

I had lots of fun creating this and now I'm ready to start challenging myself to create some projects  using the prompts. As I get new products, I need to remember to add them to my list. Hope you've been inspired and are having fun creating your own prompt boxes... supplies listed below! :)

Enjoy...





Supplies used...
Wooden box and misc. metals, chipboard and old paintbrushes etc.
Gesso, Modeling paste for stencils and Crackle paste for the drawer.
Prima Shabby Chic door locks.
Tim Holtz Alpha Parts, Ornate plates and Black Soot Ink.
Crafter's workshop stencils: "Mini Moving Vines" and "Mini art Is".
Prima and Petaloo Flowers.
Heartfelt Creations "Everyday Heroes" paper collection for box sides and drawer.
Sprays: Glimmer Mist "Patina and Dylusions "Calypso Teal" watered down.



I added several layers between gesso and sprays, lastly using a round, but flat bottom sponge brush with gesso for some texture. To finish, I used the black soot ink  for shadowing.



Have fun... be creative!!!


5 comments:

RAFI said...

Me ha gustado mucho, precioso con esos tonos tan suaves y dulces!
Besitos

Kathy Gnj said...

Saw your posting in Finnabair & Friends on FB and had to come see this on your blog. This is absolutely stunning! I just watched your video on the first box you did and loved it! What a great idea! Thank you for sharing these.

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely stunning!! The effects you have achieved on the box are incredible! I love the idea of an art prompts box!

Anonymous said...

Do you sell any of your work or can I commission you to make one of these for me? Your work is beautiful and stunning.

Maria Calderone said...

Thank you! I don't typically sell my work, I'll need some time to think about it. Please feel free to contact me by email... maria2193@msn.com. :)